Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chris - 7.25

62:27 - 8:36 pace

Ran with Jeeni after work, since she's going to be out of town tomorrow for a Platt Tool Day. Did the same route as last time. This was my first time having stomach issues while running with her. I was praying to be able to hold out until we got back to work, but when she stopped for water I decided that wasn't going to happen so I told her I'd meet her up by the port-o-pottie and took off.

After we got back to the office I had to shower quick because I had got Timbers MLS tickets for tonights game against the San Jose Earthquakes and we were going to ride the MAX into downtown Portland. It was a pretty good game, they lost by 1 in the final minute of double overtime.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I don't mean to embarrass you when your "not girlfriend" inevitably finds this site, Chris... but until this entry I always thought Luke and the rest of you were talking about actual stomach pains whenever you mentioned them.

    So the question is, are you ALWAYS talking about needing dirty great shits, or is it purposefully a vague mixture of the two so it's not obvious when its actually shits?

    I'm sorry to be so blunt (well, sort of), and know this might not be a welcome question, but I must know. You are the people who call the toilet the bathroom or restroom, such is your collective national fear of admitting to bowel movements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually when I say stomach issues I am indeed talking about needing dirty great shits. Every once in a while it is the kind of stomachache that will not be relieved by a pit stop, but 90% of the time, yeah, it's my bowels getting agitated by the movement of running so that even if I tried to go before I started my run and had nothing, now I gotta go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mother of god I always check in here on the wrong days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Luke! You are bold and brave.

    ReplyDelete