Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chris - 10

94:17 - 9:25 pace

Jeeni and I drove out to Forest Park in the late morning to do this run. Neither of us had been there before, so it was a bit of an adventure to find out where exactly the trailhead was and whatnot. It's a pretty neat place, I'm not sure how I made it this long without having gone there before, haha. The run went pretty well. My left achilles was pretty tight starting out, but that loosened up and then my knees got tight. Her calves were bothering her pretty bad, and since she's a toe runner she was thinking it was due to all the rocks and gravel on the trail.

She mentioned as we ran that we should come back on a Sunday (the "cross-training" day) and go on a hike there. I didn't need much convincing on that suggestion, lol. After the run we found a deli in downtown PDX on 23rd and took the sandwiches over to Park St and ate. We were getting a bit chilly since it was cloudy at that point, so we took the eclair we got for free (because they forgot about our order and we were patient and waited for a long time) back to her apartment to eat. Good stuff.

splits: 48:31 - 45:45

8 comments:

  1. I just realized today that I have 450 miles on my Mizunos and should probably get a new pair of training shoes for the marathon. The Mizuno Wave Musha 3's look sweet, and pretty light. It says they're good racing shoes...can you still train OK in them? Just not as much cushioning right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet run. So when you are guys getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am so glad I never gave her the URL for our blog...what do you think about those shoes Steve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha seriously...ask her out already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!

    A brunch date would definitely be less scary. I wonder if googling your name would lead her here.

    James is eating oreos by the bag. We are going to run now. It's like 98* here and I don't mean a boy band

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes look pretty sweet Chris. I'm about to ready to get another pair of minimalist shoes myself but my original Nike Free 3.0s are still functioning.

    I kind of assumed from your detailed narrative above that you guys were already dating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha no, I just have a big crush on her and am trying to move things forward to see if she's interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like you're in man. A picnic after a run and eclairs at her place..

    ReplyDelete