Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chris - 13.1

118:04 - 9:00.76 pace

I am so proud of how much I kicked this run's ass. Farthest run ever, and I still kept 9 minute pace! I did an out & back from my house, going past my work and onto the route I normally do during lunch. I was kinda tight starting out; my achilles/calves were a bit tight from running a faster pace on Thursday. They eventually loosened up after about 40 minutes and some stretching. The only thing that has been bothering me on these longer runs has been my knees. They started acting up after 8 miles or so, and then it went away for the most part. I was able to pick up the pace a little on the way back, partly because I had to get home in time to get ready for work. The last mile was pretty brutal, but I pushed through it. I'm thinking about trying out an ice bath when I get home from work tonight, I hear they help a ton.

splits: 61:05 - 56:59

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention! I am now OFFICIALLY signed up for the Foot Traffic Flat marathon on July 4th! No turning back now...haha.

    http://www.foottraffic.us/flat/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are well on your way now that you signed up, and ran 13 so well! Keep up the consistent training and I know you will kill it. Sauvie's Island is also a great location, flat and scenic. I went to the Pumpkin Patch out there last October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done man. 2 hours is a long ass run. you'll be ready. i was always think ice bath is a good idea but im too lazy to go all the trouble. i could use myself after a 10+ miler today. go blazers!

    ReplyDelete