Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chris - 10

80:52 - 8:05 pace

Yesterday was such a great, great day. Had a huge $10 breakfast of denver omelette and 3 buttermilk pancakes, watched Oregon absolutely destroy 6th ranked Cal 42-3, had a record setting run, went to the Bier Stein and had/got some extremely delicious beers, had DoughCo for dinner and played the card game golf while drinking the night away. So of course this morning I got myself up with Luke to go run off our slight hangovers. Started out real slow, and gradually picked up the pace. We were about 8:45 pace to start off, but by the end we were doing 7:40 pace. Basically ran from Luke's place, across campus and over to the Pre trails by Autzen stadium. It was fun to go over there (and through campus) since I haven't in a long time. Saw the new baseball stadium under construction too. Felt like I might lose my dinner for a little bit there, but we made a pit stop at some port-o-potties and it seemed to calm down after that. On the way back we did 6 loops (~14 mins) of barefoot running on a big, dewy field, easily the farthest and longest I've done any barefoot running, and I could definitely tell after we were done and started the jog back home. I made a crack to Luke that I felt like a hobbit with all of the grass and dirt covering my feet (I'm a nerd I know). Overall I would say this weekend has been a rousing success! I'll have to come back to Eugene again soon...

2 comments:

  1. wow 10 miles! nice work. your mileage is closing in on me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful day! Nothing like a run to convince yourself you've undone the damage to your liver.

    ReplyDelete