Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chris - 4.17

31:24 - 7:31 pace

Legs felt kinda dead tonight. Nothing much else to report. And before I forget, yesterday early on in my run, this lady passed me in her SUV with her left arm pointing straight out the driver side window with the index finger extended. I looked at her kinda funny, and laughed out loud as she passed me. I'm assuming she meant that I should have been on the sidewalk on the other side of the road? It was pretty funny. No honk, no yelling, just a solemn arm pointing straight out her window. Yes thank you lady, I would much rather run in the dark with the traffic behind me so I can't see if I'm going to get run over. This leads me to wonder - how many people honestly think you're supposed to walk/run with the traffic instead of against it?

1 comment:

  1. If you're lucky enough to HAVE sidewalk when those tanks are dominating how your city is designed, you should at least be allowed to use both sides. I've never heard of pedestrians being expected to go with traffic.

    I hope she heard your laugh over the roar of her EarthDestroyer 3000!

    ReplyDelete