Monday, September 7, 2009

Luke - 15

15mi, 1:55:04 (7:40)

After 80 miles in ten runs last week, I did zero yesterday, and instead played Nintendo a bunch. A friend was down from Portland and ended up staying longer than expected so I never got around to it. So today I figured I should do a long run. I did all of the Ridgeline Trail, which Steve and Chris have run on. The trail is about 4 miles uphill to get to, about 6-7 miles from start to finish, and another 3-4 downhill to get home. The downhill was actually the hardest part, just because it sorta forced me to go fast but my legs were shot from running up and down the hills of the trail.

When I got home I had Gatorade for the first time in forever, because my new roommate moved in today and he and his dad had bought some for the drive over here from Ohio and not drunk it. New roommate is a runner and is looking forward to getting in some miles in Eugene...maybe I'll tell him about this blog and he can compete with you guys.

4 comments:

  1. Puts my 5 mile hill race to shame...

    As for NES, got a link for you since you mentioned you have that ebay card:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-NES-games-Lot-of-13-games-mega-man-3-zelda_W0QQitemZ320419020184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9a763d98&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14">http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-NES-games-Lot-of-13-games-mega-man-3-zelda_W0QQitemZ320419020184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9a763d98&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.

    This package has the Gold Zelda that we discussed when I was there(where you roam as a little Link, then enter buildings and fight as a larger, 2-D link) . It's a game that needs to be beaten in your lifetime. I did only like 5 years ago when I was home from college during Christmas Break after many failed attempts as a youngster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Nemo Dream Master is a really fun game. Pretty tough though! This makes me miss playing the ol' NES. And showing Luke the later levels of Ninja Gaiden =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the original two Zelda games in gold cartridges! Wish I knew where they were or that my NES still worked though. Was NES the Nintendo you played all day? I bought the Official Nintendo Magazine here the other day even though I don't own anything newer than a Gamecube, in a fit of nostalgia. It came with a little white DS keyring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah NES. I just used the last of my giftcard to buy Zelda and Battletoads.

    ReplyDelete