Friday, September 4, 2009

Chris - 5.41

51:13 - 9:28 pace

This run went about as I expected I guess. Still pretty darn tired from fighting off this cold, but I'm feeling a little better today so I took Steve's advice and did 5 instead of 10. My pace could best be described as an 'easy lope'. I felt like one of those slow joggers in 'Once A Runner' that Cassidy has to run around and thinks about how they are in an almost totally different class/world than him. Speaking of which, I read a part the other night about how when you run in the rain you're getting a step up on your competitors while they're inside relaxing and being wusses...sounded vaguely like something Luke told me while we were running in the rain in Eugene! I thought that was funny. Well played Luke.

3 comments:

  1. nice. just so you know, i run near that pace (9:20-9:30) a fair amount..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know you do, but you also run like twice the amount of miles that I do. Plus you do good stuff like those interval workouts with the Flyers. Anyway, don't worry I wasn't taking a dig at you ;). Just bummed this cold is keeping me from being properly prepared for this race next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i know, i was just having some fun with you. sucks about the cold. hope you get better quick so you can help push me to some new PRs...

    both you and luke had a post about running in the rain recently. i dont think i have run in the rain for at least 5 years. life in so cal...

    ReplyDelete