Saturday, September 26, 2009

Steve - 7.5

61:41 (8:13)

So I went to a chiro/therapist guy yesterday who has helped a ton of runners from my club. It went pretty well. He's pretty straightforward and seems to actually care about his clients. Plus he's experienced working with runners. He worked my hip pretty good with this electric massage thing and that seemed to help. It looks like whatever is ailing me can be probably be fixed or improved through a few sessions with this guy, or so I hope. Anyway, I have a race on Sunday, but I still wanted to get some in decent mileage today. Headed out to do a nice progressive 7.5 on the Manhattan Beach wood chips trail. I ended up running a bit faster than I usually do, although I wasn't trying to . I think it was because the therapy from yesterday loosened up my hip. I ran around 8 minute miles for most of the way without putting in too much effort. At the end, I wanted to run the last mile near my half marathon goal pace of 6:52. I didn't run it all out, but I definitely put in a hard effort. I was surprised when I looked down at the watch and saw 6:40. I haven't run a mile that fast for a month or so. Tomorrow I plan to run my 5k in just under 20 minutes with a tempo effort and then a 5:30 mile (which is 30 min after the 5k) or better, depending on how I feel.

Anyway, if you haven't noticed this post is much longer than my last several posts cuz I'm in a better mood about running after the session on Friday. So hopefully this continues...

Splits were: 9:30, 8:30, 16:39(2), 8:12, 8:06, 4:04(half), 6:40

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Good luck with it. Is that sort of thing expensive?

    ReplyDelete