Sunday, September 13, 2009

Luke - 18

18mi, 2:16:56 (7:36)

This was an old route I haven't done in a while. A little over four miles on bark and uphill trail (see Zack's post) and then almost five more of rolling hills, some of them pretty steep and long, and then back. I wanted to be faster on every leg of the return trip, and even though I definitely wasn't going very slow on the way out, I managed it. The total halves were 71:38 and 65:18. The middle two legs were 36:25 and 33:40, and I felt dead when I got back to the trail. The mile on the trail was definitely a better effort on the way out, but because it was uphill on the way out and downhill on the way back I managed to still be faster (7:48 vs. 9:05). At the bottom of the hill I thought it'd be a death march the rest of the way, but about a quarter mile later I got a second wind and started hitting around ~1:45 for each quarter-mile split. I started thinking if I tried hard enough I might be able to beat Zack's second-half split...and I did. My last leg was 23:49 (the same leg was 26:06 on the way out), and my last 1.5 miles were 10:17 (6:51 pace).

I was definitely happy with my performance on this run, but boy does it hurt. I took a shower and had some lunch and watched some football, then took a nap for a couple hours. My legs are still feeling pretty dead...hopefully they'll be fine by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Sounds like you really kicked the crap out of yourself.

    ReplyDelete