Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chris - 6.45

47:35 - 7:22 pace

I felt so great on this run, right from the start. I didn't want to kill myself on this run, so I just ran a comfortably hard pace. I stopped once to stretch, and another time to watch part of a girls high school soccer game. Made me miss playing soccer.

I forget to mention in my last post, but early on in my run an older couple (I think) honked at me as they were driving by. It was definitely a 'get out of the road' honk. It startled me but I just turned around and look at their car for awhile, hoping they would see me looking at them. I thought about flipping them off but thought better of it. WELL - tonight towards the back half of my run, it was pretty much dark as I was running along a straight stretch of road in the bike lane, against the traffic. I should mention I was wearing my bright orange gym shorts and was shirtless. Some big pickup honked loud as he passed me, and it startled the shit out of me, so I turned around and took a nice quick deep breath and bellowed a big 'f**k you!' to him as he passed me. Pissed me off pretty good. As I continued running in anger I found myself hoping he heard me yell and would turn around so I could verbally abuse him some more, or have him jump out and try to run me down, and then I could pull a Cassidy and make him run after me for miles and miles and miles until he's about to fall over, and THEN give him a nice big punch in the face for being an asshole.

I just registered for the race as myself, but I was going to ask you guys if I should run as Seppo Kaitainen. I finished the book last week or so. Such a great novel! I was so excited while reading the last chapter about the race that it took me awhile to go to sleep later that night. I'm definitely going to read it again soon, after I read a few other books I've been meaning to get to. Thanks again Luke!

3 comments:

  1. Ha good post. Usually when I get pissed off like that I end up running faster the rest of the run, so I bet that helped you keep up your pace.

    Glad you liked the book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of using aliases in races. Maybe you can try it next race.

    Aight, I need to get my hands on a copy of this book, too. Sounds like u really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... I was just honking to say hi, I recognized you on the road and wanted to say, "Honk.. what's up?"

    ReplyDelete