Monday, September 21, 2009

Luke - 15.75

15.75mi, 2:08:09 (8:08)

Yep, didn't run yesterday. So, longish today. This was a similar route to my 18-miler from last Sunday...some fairly tough rolling hills in the middle 9 miles. I have a cut on the bottom of my right foot because of a weird problem I've always had with the callous on that foot, so my natural inclination is to favor landing on the outside of my foot, which is of course bad...I have to constantly remind myself to land regularly even though it hurts a bit. Anyway, because I sometimes forget, my ankle has been kinda sore, but I think it will be fine by tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I think that counts as an injury, Mister 'I never get injured'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I rarely get injured. And it lasted all of one run and is fine now.

    My injury list is:
    A ton of twisting my ankle in HS
    Now I twist my ankle all the time and it just bounces right back..I guess they've been strengthened pretty well. Last time I hurt one was in 2004 or so, when I was at Hayward Field doing 300s and I came around Bowerman Curve and I guess kept turning, and ended up with my right foot on the inside curb and my ankle on the track...yowch that hurt. It was swelled up for like a week and then I went back to running.
    My calf was sore for a while in track in 2002
    Probably from doing more intense work than I was used to (it was my freshman year of college).
    Plantar Fasciitis
    Which, as I mentioned to James, went away after a couple weeks of stretching.
    The callous thing
    For some reason the callous on the ball of my right foot isn't attached to the callous on the bottom of the foot, so I end up with an inch-long crack where the two meet. It's fine if I trim it every once in a while, but this last time I trimmed a little overzealously so it was pretty raw.

    ReplyDelete