Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Steve - 8.7

81:03 (9:19)

So I didn't mean to run quite this long. I wanted to do about 8 miles, but my friend wanted to do an extra loop. I felt pretty good. A lot better than last week doing the same run. I have a 5 mile race on Monday that I am hoping to beat my PR and break 32 minutes. I haven't decided if I am going to do my usual long run on the Sunday before or if I should flip it to Saturday. Anyway, glad to see the frequency of posts around here has already picked up the last week or so. Good to see everyone running a lot...

6 comments:

  1. Most people say not to have a long run the same weekend as a race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh but I think if I did it on Saturday morning, I could do an easy 4-5 on Sunday and then be ready to go on Monday. I'm not trying to peak for this race, but at least I would be fresh and could still keep piling up the mileage. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I suppose you could live up to your LR screen name...just don't go too crazy on the long run pace. And I guess don't go too crazy at the race either...just get a nice big PR and make everything within three days of it recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yeh. have you noticed i actually post a decent amount these days on LR? i haven't seen much of LukeTheRunner lately though..

    For the race, I think I'm going to start at 6:30 pace for the first mile and then gradually ratchet it up, maybe finishing around 6:15 or faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Luke's second comment. Just make sure you get that PR! I'm also glad to see lots of posting lately. Speaking of which, what ever happened to Kevin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve - I actually haven't seen your posts...and I guess I've been using the backwards apostrophe more than LukeTheRunner...either way I haven't been on there a ton...a good amount, but not a ton.

    Chris - I don't know what happened to Kevin...I took his Bio and stuff down a week or two ago since I hadn't heard from him in a month or two.

    ReplyDelete