Tuesday, October 26, 2010

James - 0

Next update will be a real number, I promise. Tonight we're both going to the gym and I am considering trying a light run for the first time since my broken toe injury just over a month ago. Any advice for the path to recovery ahead? Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Also I wanted to share this short video I got from flotrack. A nice message from a country most Westerners know too little about (with runners coming slightly ahead of the curve).

Haile Gebrselassie Road to NYC Marathon: Part 3, Haile & Ethiopia
In the third part of the series, Haile Gebrselassie gives us some insight on Ethiopia, where it is as a country, and ways it is struggling. Haile, who lives a comfortable life, could live anywhere in the world however he believes he has a duty to stay in his native country to inspire other Ethiopians.

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack

2 comments:

  1. Geb is so badass. And that clip of him outkicking Tergat is sweet.

    I'm not about to try to talk you out of going for a light run. You might want to take this opportunity to get new shoes if you are still using your really old ones, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, good point. Even I have to agree it's a good time. Imminent events will decide what I'll do.

    ReplyDelete