Sunday, October 3, 2010

Steve - 10

80:33 (8:03)

I talked with Luke earlier in the week and he advised me to get in a 10 mile run so I did just that. Plan was to do 5 miles easy, 5 miles around half marathon pace(6:50-7:00). I went out to Manhattan Beach to run the trail so I knew it would be really tough to keep a sub 7 pace. The trail is 7.5 miles so I know I would have to run an extra 1.25 mile out-and-back. I ended up running 5.25 miles easy and then 4.75 hard. Hit 5.25 miles in 46:16(8:49) and then brought home the final 4.75 in 35:17(7:26). The first mile of the faster portion was pretty slow (about 7:56), but I was able to pick up pretty well. I didn't have much juice at the end though and finished the last mile in 7:08. Not sure exactly what to take out of this run because my half marathon will be on road and wood chips slow the pace considerably. I do feel a bit more confident having done a 10-mile run since I haven't hit double digits for a few months.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good run to me...finishing a long run at 7:08 (on bark) is a pretty good indication that you have some half-marathon fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, bark slows you way down! That is some solid work. When and where is your have Steve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your guys' words are encouraging. definitely feeling like i can put together a solid race now.

    my half is oct 17 in Long Beach. i m staying in a hotel this year to make sure that I get there super early and so i don't have to drive down for the expo on saturday and again on sunday. last year I got there too late and had to start from the 4th wave plus a whole comedy of errors.

    i guess i should start calling it "bark" instead of "wood chips"..

    ReplyDelete