Monday, October 11, 2010

Zack - 3.8

30:07 (7:55)
Recovery run at 7:30AM on Amazon with 2 mile loops (7:58, 7:55) and a 1km loop (5:01) in the interest of time. Long day at work so easier to get in the miles and recover in split sessions. Also nice to not have to run all of them in the dark! Plan is get up around 50 this week.

I don't think I have mentioned this to the blog, but I signed up for my first marathon Feb 5th. The Death Valley Borax marathon , should be a surreal experience and a psychological test but the weather conditions could allow a reasonable time. It is a certified course, potential Boston qualifier. Now it is just time to train and get the weekly mileage up. The plan is two workouts a week on average, a speed/tempo focused one midweek and long runs/marathon pace/a couple 5k-10k races on the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome man. Good luck. Sounds like you got a solid plan. What's your time goal? I think 3:10 is a Boston qualifier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would ideally like to run 2:59 (6:52/mi) and think I could hold that pace currently for the first 15-16 miles. The training in the next few months will dictate what I should realistically expect those last 10 brutal miles. I certainly think <3:10 (and a Boston qualifier) is a great primary goal at this point!

    ReplyDelete