Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Luke - 8.75

8.75mi, 56:15 (6:25)
Fox Hollow. Zack wasn't with me today so I decided to hit it hard. 9:00 for the first 1.5mi, 9:30 for the second 1.5mi. 8:07 up the hill, which put me just over 29 minutes total, by far my fastest for the first half of the run. I knew at that point that 6:45 down the hill and then 6-flat pace the rest of the way would put me at 56 minutes (my PR is 56:02). My stomach started to bother me as I went up the hill, but I tried to power through. Coming down the hill it was getting a bit dark and the trail was muddy, but I was keeping up a good pace. As I got to the bottom of the hill the stomach pain got really bad and stopped me in my tracks. I found a somewhat secluded place with moss nearby and relieved myself, but I wasn't 100% the rest of the run. My downhill split was 6:38, but I just couldn't hit 90s on the bark. Most of the quarters in that section were 92-95. With a mile and a half to go I was at 47:33, so I'd've needed to go sub-5:40 pace to get a PR. I did manage to pick it up and hit 8:42 for that last bit, for a very respectable overall time. I think without stomach problems I definitely could have gone under 56, and 55-flat is probably possible in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment