Saturday, October 30, 2010

Luke - 12.5

12.5mi, 95:17 (7:37)
Zack, Erin and Matilda were driving up to Ridgeline for a short run (Zack and Erin are running a 5k tomorrow; Matilda is a dog) so I caught a ride with them so I could start my run at the Fox Hollow parking lot. I took Ridgeline over to Dillard Road and turned South, and headed down the road. I haven't been over there in a while, so I had forgotten that there is a ~1.25-mile downhill on the way out. At the bottom of the hill I turned onto an interesting-looking street called Hideaway Hills Road, which turned into gravel after about a quarter mile. I had to force myself to turn around before the end since I didn't want to go like fifteen miles. Headed back the same route, powering up the long hill, and then headed home from Fox Hollow the usual way. Down the hill took 8 minutes, and I was thinking it would be tough to keep up a good pace the rest of the way home, but on Rexius, across the creek from me, there was a guy in UOXC gear and I decided I'd better keep pace with him. That ended up being just about exactly 6-minute mile pace. While we were both stopped at the light, I asked him, "Just out for an easy run today?" He said yeah, and I told him I'd had to go tempo pace to keep up, and he laughed a bit. When the light changed I let him go and just went my easy ~7:40 pace the rest of the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment