Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chris - 6.45

This may become my magneto run. I thought the going would be pretty slow today considering I was up till 4am last night and consequently got only 5 hours of sleep.

Luke came up on the bus to see a concert with me. There were 4 bands that played but we went to see Fun. and Hellogoodbye. You guys have to watch this music video of Hellogoodbye, it's pretty entertaining. Anyway after the concert we picked up a friend of his that moved up to PDX from Eugene and went to a pub so Luke and I could eat dinner, and we all polished off 2 pitchers and played some pool. Then when they kicked us out we went to an English pub close to her place that had dartboards. James - Luke said the pub was really authentic and that it reminded him of one's he'd been to in Manchester. I thought that was pretty cool since I've never been there. I think one of the highlights of the night was that Luke surprised me with my own official copy of 'Once A Runner'! I can't wait to read it.

So back to my run tonight. Fairly eventful in that some girl was hanging out of the passenger window of a car as it turned left in front of me at a stoplight and yelled something unintelligible, so I just waved back. Then a car full of girls honked at me as they passed. Oh and when I got back my buddy Dan called me to tell me his actual 10k time was 43:54. So he didn't beat my PR apparently. Makes me feel not quite as threatened, but no way I'm going to get complacent with both Steve and James racking up more miles every week!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Seems like you are getting a lot of attention from the ladies on your runs. Unfortunately, in my runs around the perimeter of the airport I haven't fared as well. Rest assured, I'm gunning for your 10k time. I think I'm going to run one on Nov. 14...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah it's kind of funny. Oh nice! But keep in mind it's going to be lowered again after the Pints for Pasta on Sept 13th...

    ReplyDelete