Monday, August 24, 2009

James - 5.2

40:29

Today was a first: I ran when I had a shift at work this evening (it's a first as far as I can remember anyway). A few things converged to allow this. First I was doing an extra shift, which means it was only 5 hours rather than the usual 8. And also I am still busy with lots of other things which means I'm not going to get to train as much before my next race as I would like. Mainly I will be away for a few days this weekend at the Camp for Climate Action. I think I'd look funny running the perimiter of a protest camp! I'd appreciate if you lot would have a look at that website, as the last few months of this year could make or break us with regards to climate change (scroll down for Seattle reference!) and any avenue for expanding the issue needs to be taken advantage of. Hey, it's relevent - how easy do you think it will be to run in the eye of a hurricane, huh?! Or, more seriously, if people had hobbies like running that were about self improvement and self empowerment over their lives maybe they wouldn't feel the need to consume resources like there's no tomorrow, etc. Thank you.

This was a rather slow run, or so it felt, which makes me think 1 days rest wasn't enough to get me over Saturday night. But I felt alright at work so I feel pretty confident about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment