Wednesday, August 19, 2009

James - 7

47:42
~2 mins
~22 mins
---
1:10:09

I wanted this to be my longest time ever, but I am reluctant to count it as I had to stop, as you can see above. I was trying to make it to the last known sighting of a pub (AKA runners toilet) but finally gave in and walked for a while before going for 2 minutes and stopping again. The pub was nice from the outside, but the toilet was very dimly lit, and did not flush. I had assumed that crapping would put me back to feeling great for the last third of the run, but the terrible shit-hole experience plus the distance I had covered meant I didn't really go any better or feel like running. Fortunately for my regime, I wanted to get home, and running was the fastest way of getting there. At least I got in the mileage. Which is very approximate because I ran and ran and ran and have no idea how to measure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment