Saturday, August 15, 2009

Luke - 8.5

8.5mi, 62:55 (7:24)

So on Tuesday when I ran barefoot in the grass I got stung on my foot by a bee. It hurt when it happened, but I was fine after a minute and was able to run home and it didn't feel bad at all. Then when I woke up Wednesday it was all swollen up, and it was fat and itchy and I couldn't really walk. It was still pretty bad Thursday, got a little better Friday, and is almost normal now, just very slightly bigger than the other foot. I gotta only run barefoot in the morning, when the bees aren't out yet...

So yeah this was my first run back. I did the old standby of mile loops on the bark trail at 10pm. When I got there and figured out how much time I had before the lights turned out, I decided I wanted to do somewhere close to 7:50, 7:40, 7:30, 7:20, 7:10, 7:00, and under 7:00. Or, as I kept repeating to myself, "Fifty, forty, thirty, twenty, ten, flat, sub." My splits ended up being 7:51, 7:43, 7:32, 7:21, 7:11, 6:58, and 6:27, so not bad.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck, it takes impressive expertise to be able to pace yourself that perfectly over 7 miles.

    And to think, when I started to read this entry I was thinking my comment would be a snarky one about how many things seem to keep you from running every day lately...

    ReplyDelete