Sunday, August 9, 2009

Steve - 9.64

9.64 mi in 88:20 (9:10) My first real long run in a while (although not long by Senior Vaughn's standards). I went back to run on the grass in Santa Monica that many runners in the area frequent. I usually run along a dirt trail that overlooks the beach for a few miles on this run also. At one stoplight a guy kept looking at me and then finally said,"Missed church today?" I said,"No church, running." I didn't really feel like trying to have my soul saved today. He said "You run every Sunday" and I said "Yep." The light turned green and then he said,"God Bless You". I said,"Thanks" (didn't know what else to say) and continued my run. Knee and hip were hurting on the second half of the run, so I guess Chris and I have more than our times in common...

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty entertaining exchange. I assume you were running in the morning. Did you run barefoot in the grass? Sorry to hear about the pain; the similarities are striking though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nag I only do the barefoot thing on the field inside tracks. Too dangerous with allthe shit (literally and figuratively) in the grass.
    p.s.
    I typed "n a h" above three times but the autospell correct on my phone changed so I gave up

    ReplyDelete