Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Luke - 12

12mi, 90:56 (7:34)

1.6-mile loop in 12:23 and 12:11, 1.4-mile loop in 10:30 and 10:18, 9:22 barefoot on the grass.

Yesterday I planned on running after the Mariners game. I saw something say it was at 7, and usually that means east coast time, so I thought it was at 4. But this page happened to have it in pacific time, so it actually was at 7. So I was gonna run before the Mariners game, but then my roommate and his fiancée and brother were going to play disc golf, so I was going to go with them. But just as I was about to leave my brother called and said he was about to be in Eugene and needed to stay at my place until he found a ride down to San Francisco (where he lives). He was in Seattle for some music festival and his ride left without him, so he was talking with his friend and as soon as he confirmed that this friend could drive him from Eugene to SF, the friend went offline, and didn't answer his phone at all. Since he had to be home by tomorrow (today), he ended up resigning himself to taking the 14-hour greyhound bus ride that left at 9:50. So I drove him to the station at 9, and he didn't have enough money so I had to lend him money for his busride, which ended up being $76 for the ride and another $86 for having 3 extra pieces of luggage (he had an amp, a keyboard, and a keyboard stand). As soon as we paid, literally less than a minute later, he got a call from someone who had seen the ad he had put on Craigslist, asking if he had gas money. So we went to the cancel the bus ticket and he called the guy back and realized it was the guys that had left him in Seattle in the first place! We spent a little over a half hour trying to get a refund for the ticket, and I ended up only getting the $76 for the ticket back--the extra-luggage fee was for some reason non-refundable. We loaded everything back into my roommate's car and drove home to see the Mariners finish up winning, and I made my brother some pasta, and then his friends showed up and we loaded his stuff into their car and the day was finally over at like 11:30.
So yeah I didn't run.

2 comments:

  1. haha crazy story. only something catastrophic like this can keep you from running i guess...

    ReplyDelete