Thursday, August 27, 2009

James - 4

30:33

A slow run that wasn't intended to be quite this slow, so that's how my legs feel after yesterdays monster.

I leave you with this thought until my next run, hopefully on Monday evening. I got my race information in the post today. In the advice it says don't drink alcohol for two days before the race. A few months ago, for my previous 10K, the same running organisers said go without for three days. Putting aside the fact that it would probably behoove runners to go for somewhat longer than that anyway, what does it say about the UKs alcohol-fuelled downward spiral that 4 months along the line they daren't tell people to even go for three days without getting pissed? In other words: VIVA LA USA!

2 comments:

  1. It must be a British thing to specify to race participants not to drink alcohol in the days before a race. I don't think I have ever seen that in the package for a race I have run.

    ReplyDelete