Saturday, August 8, 2009

Luke - 9.75

9.75mi, 75:46 (7:46)

Did the 1.6-mile bark loop, then the 1.4-mile bark loop, then 13:39 barefoot on the grass. I breathed through my nose for like 80% of the run. It's funny how much I've thrown myself into the stuff in this article. It just all seems to make sense, and it feels good doing it. I encourage you all to read it, and then to read these three followup articles. You can decide yourself how much of it you want to follow. (Warning: they are pretty long, though interesting.)

2 comments:

  1. i couldnt do the nose breathing for my run today. nose was kind of stuffed up and it was faster paced. Try doing the nose breathing in a track workout. I completely forgot about it when I did mine last week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I realised breathing through your nose is hard when you're stuffed up in there. Also I have tried to run more lightly on my feet, but as soon as I stop thinking about it it's over and I imagine it's easier when doing a slower run like I did today. I want to look at those other articles too soon, glad it's not just me who thinks it all makes sense.

    ReplyDelete