Sunday, August 16, 2009

Luke - 9.58

9.58mi, 77:57 (8:08)

I ran 9.58 miles in honor of Usain Bolt destroying the world record in the 100 meter dash today. It wasn't just your once-a-year record-smashings, either...this was crazy. I hope people recognize what an accomplishment this is. Maybe I can put it in context for you guys:
Chris: This is like Tiger Woods shooting a 54 every 18 holes for the entire PGA Championship.
Steve: This is like Roger Federer beating Nadal 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, using a ping-pong paddle.
James: This is like Sachin Tendulkar scoring 440 runs off Curtly Ambrose in the fourth innings of a Test match.
Alison: This is like Johnnie Cochran getting a jury of Jews to find Hitler not guilty.

Here's a video of it. He gets close to 30mph at his fastest.

2 comments:

  1. I knew you'd be talking about this! 9.58 miles in dedication though, haha, nice one.

    As for your sporting/law comparisons, I sense wikipedia has been employed.

    ReplyDelete