Thursday, November 26, 2009

Alex - 4.13

29:21 (7:06)

This run was on Thanksgiving. Thurdsay 11/26. Woke up on Monday without the ability to swallow, all jokes aside, this sucked. (Pun intended) I was staying at a friend's apartment in LA and her roommate's boyfriend left the sliding glass door open downstairs (where I was sleeping) I was unaware of this until I woke up after a night of sleeping in the cold air. I spent Monday-Wednesday taking cold meds and trying to get rid of the ensuing cold so that I would be healthy for Thanksgiving. I felt pretty good on Thanksgiving and I was back in Eugene so I headed out to Pre's Trail with my friend Ryan.

Ryan took me on my first Pre's Trail run last Thanksgiving, which is really what got me started on taking running seriously. It's also responsible for why I normally do a 4 mile run (Pre's Trail is 4.07mi). Over the last year Ryan and I ran regularly on Pre's Trail until he moved to Seattle this fall. Now that I live in LA again it was fun to reconvene for a one year Pre's Trail anniversary and we capped it off with White Chocolate Peppermint Mochas. Yeah, they were good.

And then, like everyone else, I stuffed myself for the rest of the day and capped it off by watching the new Star Trek movie with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment