Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chris - 4.17

31:50 - 7:38 pace

I saw a dog get hit by a car on my run tonight. Well, I heard the 'BAM' and saw it lying in the road after it got hit. I ran by as this guy went out into the road to check on it, and this lady came out with a little kid in her arms and saw what happened and ran inside to get a big piece of cardboard to lift it off the street and back to their house. I stopped a little ways past the side street to survey the scene and try to decide if I should offer some sort of help. I finally decided after awhile that there was nothing I could do that they couldn't do themselves, so I turned around and finished my run with a heavy heart. I can't even imagine how awful the person driving the car that hit the dog felt.

Side note: my knee/hip is feeling better/stronger every run. Still some pain but not nearly as bad as on Tuesday's run.

1 comment: