Thursday, November 26, 2009

James - 4.1

30:31

Happy Thanksgiving yank chums...

Not an interesting run. So cold I think it slowed me down.

Now that I am moving in a month, I need to maximise my time here at home. That means getting packed, ready, and spending time with my family and friends. So, I am leaving work in a week (hard-hitting resignation letter HERE), and making other cuts. At the end of this week I'm going to put a hold on the running... don't cry! I know my running will suffer, but as you're all aware, when you get into it running can take up a lot more time than you might think. I'll start again when I settle in in the US, and enter races. Alison and I can run together and that will inspire us both like it inspires you lot when you run together!

And I'll keep coming here and reading!

2 comments:

  1. I read your resignation letter. Pretty interesting points! My (now former) job had a hand punch device. It always bugged me that they had that thing to track exactly when we came and left. Makes me feel like such a trusted employee when I'm being lorded over like that. I also found the part about IBM slightly startling. I had never heard about that before - I didn't even know that they existed that long ago.

    I'll try to keep my tears over your running losses to a minimum, provided you follow through on the promise to start again with vigor once you get settled here. Good luck with packing and wrapping things up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! Yeah it's weird to think of big modern day companies doing stuff like that so long ago. Coca-cola also did a load of bad shit with the Nazis, I think it's mentioned in my first reference.

    It's good that nobody is upset! Luke must be too full from Thanksgiving to be getting mad at me for this announcement.

    ReplyDelete