Friday, November 20, 2009

Luke - 8.25

8.25mi, 61:16 (7:25)

Pretty sure I did more than this--I was thinking 8.75 or 9, but even though I was going pretty well there's no way I was under 7:00 pace so I'm calling it 8.25...I might have forgotten to start my watch back up at some point or something.

I did the hill run with The Wall in it, but tried going a different way to get there. I have in the past come back on a trail that goes next to the golf course, but I've never gone out that way so I wasn't sure exactly where I was going. I ended up running on the golf course a bit...it had been raining all day so the grass was super-slick, and there was one steep drop-off where I stepped and slid about fifteen feet then had my legs go out from under me and I landed on my ribs. Got up real fast to see if anyone had seen me fall, but no one was golfing in the rain, of course. I was trying to get from the golf course up to a trail that went through the woods, but I couldn't find the trail that connected the two. Went into the woods a little bit and found a bunch of golf balls, but I didn't take any home with me. Did throw one at the green--didn't get it in the hole but it would only have been about an eight-foot putt. I kind of want to invent clubless golfing. Driving and putting would be harder but chip shots would be a lot easier.

Once I finally found my way to the trail it was a pretty good run. There were a few uphills that were tough because my feet kept slipping, but mostly the rain just made everything more fun. When I got back my shoes were covered in mud--I don't think you can see the Swoosh any more, so maybe James will be happy that I'm no longer advertising for Nike.

No comments:

Post a Comment