Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alison - 4

Distance: 4 miles; Time: 32.5 mins; Locale: Treadmill near a woman taken from the pages of a Tennessee Williams play


Hello gentlemen.

I was running today on little sleep and so I've thought everything was way funnier than it really is perhaps. I about exploded watching Abba's Mama Mia video. I think watching Abba videos is tantamount to what getting high must feel like.

Anyway, I was on the treadmill and this girl on an opposing treadmill was dancing but not in the cool Ok Go way. I don't know what she was listening to on her mp3-player, but she was mouthing the words and you know just really getting into it.

She started framing her face in different ways and then started doing the robot with her arms. I thought I was going to laugh my ass off my treadmill. Once when she was throwing the dice (a la Seth Rogen style in Knocked Up) I sprayed some water out of my mouth and eventually had to leave the spectacle to attend yoga class.

St Pete is a receptacle for the weirdest people ever. Come visit!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe she wanted you to dance with her. I think the sprinkler or the shopping cart would have been good choices in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is all brilliant. I suppose it's good if someone is that comfortable being themself.

    Good work doing 4 miles when sleepy and low on practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I could've seen that! Sounds pretty hilarious. I agree with Kevin you should've joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will next time! There used to be a sign at the gym (right after OK Go video came out) that said No Dancing on Treadmills so I wonder if they will be reposting it soon, ha.

    ReplyDelete