Saturday, July 4, 2009

Chris - 4.51

Well it's supposed to be 90* today so I wasn't going to run until later tonight, except I've told myself that the past two days and then by the time it gets that late I don't feel like going running anymore (I'm lame I know). I had semi-planned on getting up earlier today and going, but after I woke up at 8:30 I didn't wake up again till 10:45. So I decided not to be a sissy about the heat and went out for a run around noon. I think it was about 77* when I left. It was actually really nice at the beginning, with a slight breeze blowing on me running in the shade. But after the first part I was running mostly directly under the sun, so it gradually began to wear on me. It kinda reminded me of the Butte to Butte I ran in 2007 with Curt (my roommate) and Luke. It wasn't that bad until the last 3/4 of the run, then it got kinda brutal. My legs didn't feel that tired, but I did feel like I was barely moving forward. I ended up going for 36:29 for a pace of 8:05.

2 comments:

  1. hey chris. when's your next race? come join in the sub-20 club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I know I need to sign up for another one soon! All my weekend's last month were taken up and now that's done I'm itching to play some golf...so hopefully I can fit a 5k in there some Saturday morning. I'd like nothing more than to join the sub-20 club man!

    ReplyDelete