Saturday, July 18, 2009

James - 5.1

38:56

Todays shirt - one that Luke bought me.
Todays shorts - ones that Luke left here.
Todays weather - pleasant but not roasting.
Todays overpriced health item - Alibi, which calls itself a "pretox" drink. It tasted like lime soda (that's translated for you lot) and to be honest the name makes you wonder if it's designed for before running or before getting fucked up. Well I am going out to drink soon so maybe we'll see.

So you'd think I'd have a good run! And you'd be about right.

Alibi also support a rather unusual but nevertheless interesting cause called POM354. They help Afghan farmers switch from opium production to pomegranates, which is timely given all the bad news that's come from that country lately (8 UK soldiers were killed in a single day, and over a dozen in a few days, and I'm sure things aren't much better for "your boys").

Had a few diversions today, so distance is, as always, approximate. Pretty happy with it. When I got back and was trying to decide what to eat I had a load of things that needed eating, including tortillas, hummus, tofu scramble, greens. So I threw them all together with onions and chili sauce and it turned out really well, which was weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment