Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chris - 6

46:34 - 7:45 pace

I waited until it was about 10pm and 87* before I went on this run. I started out pretty quick, but then had to stop a couple times and finally decided to slow my pace a bunch because my right shin was really bothering me. Luckily it gradually went away, but I still played it safe and didn't try to push it a ton on the way back. Usually I get injuries because I'm never one to stop and turn around if something is bothering me; that's how I got shinsplints in college while playing basketball. First run this year I've done shirtless the whole way, and I'm sure glad I did!

On another topic I just found out that there's another 5k/10k race on August 16th, that benefits my old school district. The 10k ends at my old high school! Anyway, I still really want to do the Crawfish Crawl, because I've had that date in my mind for awhile and have been training hard for it. Plus a tech T is included with the entry fee, and I could use another one of those in this heat! Should I do another 5k just a week after running the Crawfish Crawl or do the 10k, or sign up for it at all? Another option is to skip the Crawfish Crawl since I haven't signed up for it yet, but I don't really want to do that. What do you all think?

5 comments:

  1. i say do both 5ks. that way if the first 5k doesn't go the way you want it, you'll have another crack at it. plus 10ks are long, so you'll save yourself some misery. anyway, saw your facebook post about finding a place. nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking about that, but usually I'm not too disappointed with how my races go. Plus I was leaning toward the 10k b/c it ends at my old high school; that'd be fun. I'm surprised to hear you say 10ks are long! Coming from a guy who has always done much more mileage than me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think maybe i'm just remembering how much the 10k hurt i did a few weeks ago that came after a bunch of other races the previous day. so yeh, go for the 10k. a week will be plenty of time to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah considering 10Ks is all I've done I was feeling pretty good about myself after that first comment Steve!

    Is that website name supposed to remind me of the Zoolander school?

    Anyway, looks like discounts end tomorrow, so register today if you haven't! And one of their sponsors is Chipotle, so that must be a sign for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright I registered for the 'Crawfish Crawl' 5k and the 'Bridging The Gap' 10k! And now I'm looking forward to the 5k even more because my buddy Dan (that lives in WA) is going to run it with me and my roommate! Not only that, but he recruited his cousin to come run it also, lol. Should be a great time!

    ReplyDelete