Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chris - 7.07

54:38 - 7:43 pace (split: 27:42/26:57 )

I wanted to increase my mileage a bunch this week since Luke and Steve were preaching more mileage as the way to race faster. Luke was nice enough to write me out a little training schedule for the 3 weeks before the Crawfish Crawl 5k race. This run went even better than expected. My last 7 miler took about 59 minutes, even though it was inaccurate due to my inattention during the wait at a couple stoplights. So I was trying to shoot for an 8 minute pace this time. I kept myself from running too fast at the start, and on the way back found out that I still had enough left to kick it up a notch! That was pretty cool. It looks like I'm going to end up doing about 18 miles this week if all goes well.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on 18 miles! It's a good job they're preaching that as it's all I ever feel like doing! I think I'd be useless training for a shorter run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the way to have a good run. Hold back a little on the first half, and feel great by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm going to try to keep that in mind for my longer runs from now on! And thx for the advance congrats on doing 18 miles this week James. I'm half tempted to lengthen my last 2 runs this week just so I can get to 20...

    ReplyDelete