Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chris - 3.98

27:58 - 7:01 pace

Does anyone mind if I turn some of my weekend running posts into pseudo golf posts too? =P Anyway I really wanted to run today because I'm going to run in that 5k in a few weeks, but I wasn't sure if I'd have energy after playing 18 holes under the afternoon sun. Except the buddy I played with wanted to rent a cart so I didn't do much walking and had plenty of energy after shooting a 91 (I played fairly well on the front, shot a 44 - and then was like +6 thru 3 holes on the back).

I tried to do a route my roomy did some loops of while training for the Portland Marathon, just cuz I felt like doing something other than what I normally do. Except I missed a street that didn't have a sign and put some extra mileage on it, but that was fine because I was feeling really good. Curt is going to run in this 5k with me and thinks we might be pretty evenly matched because he hasn't been doing much speedwork in trying to up his mileage in preparation for the marathon. So that gives me even more motivation, besides trying to break 20 and to get where Steve's at right now!

1 comment: