Sunday, July 12, 2009

Steve - 4.7

Ok time for another boring post recounting a precise track workout. Luke's recipe called for 3x3x300m. I did 200m slow jog in between each interval and 600m slow jog in between each set. My goal was to be right around 5:00 minute mile pace, which is a hair slower than 57 seconds for a 300. But I didn't want to strain too much or give an all-out effort to hit these times. Plus, it was almost 90 degrees when I ran at 3pm. Here are the times:

60, 57.95, 60.26
58.8, 56.69, 56.8,
57.98, 57.14, 54.3

I was able to stay on pace for the most part. The last interval I wanted to trim another few seconds and went into another gear, but it wasn't my all-out, on my toes gear. I definitely didn't sprint this workout. It was probably more like 88% effort. There's a chance I could run a 400m leg of a relay next week, so I'll be ready if called upon.

Oh, I almost pulled a Luke with my key too. I had my car door key in my pocket loose, but it fell out when I was doing some dynamic stretching in the grass. I didn't realize this until I got back to my car and my pocket was empty. Luckily, it was still in the grass and didn't require much effort to find.

2700m speedwork. wup 1 mi. cd .5 . recovery 1200+1200.

1 comment:

  1. That was the last real workout until your race, just easy runs and a few quick 200s on Wednesday to sharpen up and it'll be time to go! We'll discuss race strategy beforehand.

    ReplyDelete