Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Luke - 5.5

5.5mi, 42:59 (7:48)

20' warmup
1000@3:21
200 jog rest
800@2:38
400 jog rest
600@1:56
200 jog rest
400@74
400 jog rest
200@29

The workout was supposed to continue with 400, 600, 800, and 1000, but during the 200 I ran between a dog (on the infield) and the dog's owner (on the track) and the dog freaked out and started chasing me. I turned around while running so it wouldn't bit my ankles, and while I managed to scare it off, I tweaked my back in the process. After chastising the owner, I tried to start running again, but my back was hurting (and my mind wasn't really on running any more) so I stretched it a little bit and jogged home. It's still hurting; hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. was the owner remorseful and apologetic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I turned toward her afterwards and said "Keep it on a leash, huh?" and she didn't respond, so I walked toward her as she was taking the dog by the leash (it had had a leash on the whole time, but she had never used it, even after the dog came up to me, barking, during one of my recovery jogs, and I shouted at it to make it turn back) and said "Please use the leash," and she sort of looked up and mumbled "yeah." They left as I started jogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolute wanker. Good on you for at least trying a second time to get them to face up to their responsibilities. Hope your back feels better when you read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am personally offended by her rudeness.

    That's not a cool dog. I Do Not want a dog like that.

    ReplyDelete