Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Steve - 4

3k time trial. Luke (before he went into hibernation for the summer) recommended this as a tune-up for my 5k on Sunday. I was supposed to run this at about 90% effort. So my goal was to run about 6:20 per mile pace. Another guy in the Flyers was running in a tempo run at about the same pace so we ran together. Of course I stepped off the track after 7 and half laps and he did 21 laps at that pace! The pace ended up being a bit slower than we wanted, but it was a relaxed effort. I picked it up a bit on the final 200 and crossed the line in 12:04, which is 6:28 mile pace (a tad slower than 20 minute 5k pace). After a few laps and standing around for a few minutes, I decided to run a 200. Just to make sure I still had a little speed leftover. Hit 32.8 and felt like I could have kept going at that pace for another 200. Definitely feeling ready to drop some more seconds of my 5k PR this weekend...

1.25 warmup
3k + 200
1200 cd

No comments:

Post a Comment