Friday, July 10, 2009

Chris - 5.15

38:51 - 7:32 pace

I had some celebratory beers with my lasagna dinner after my run tonight, because for the first time since I set this goal in 2007 or so, I ran 15+ miles during a training week! Woo hoo! I ended up running 15.36 miles, but who's counting really. This run was awesome. I felt really good the whole time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Part of that might be because I had to stop at a stoplight for way too long during the last 3/4 of the run (which sucked; I was pacing back and forth the whole time), but I just cranked it up afterward to make up for it. I really wanted to push myself hard on this run since I'm taking the weekend off and using 27 holes of golf as my exercise =).

As I was leaving work it was raining pretty good, which was refreshing because it was about 80* out - so I was really hoping the rain would continue long enough for me to get home and get out on my run. Alas by the time I got home the rain had stopped, so all I got was a slightly muggy run and tons of gnats and flies to contend with on the little neighborhood country roads I ran on. I think I caught about 4 in my mouth and another in the eye. That was a little annoying but I was in such a good mood it didn't matter very much.

3 comments:

  1. Gnats in the mouth is totally gnarly! I feel for ya. Please send that weather my way though, okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a cold beer to wash down some gnats...Nice work on the 15 mile week. Time to step up to 20 now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time and distance of this run is so eerilie similar to the run I just posted. Stuff these fast guys, you're obviously my ideal peer. Also this is the night my beer-fast ended (a week early because I was meeting up with an old school friend).

    ReplyDelete