Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chris - 3.98

28:10 - 7:04 pace

This was a very fun and interesting run. After work I met my roommate and his work friends downtown at the Oregon Brewfest. I had planned on only having one beer, but of course that never happens. So I arrived home with a few beers in me and realized I still needed to run. The first 3 or so miles were really fun. When I heard something rustle in the bushes I made funny warbling sounds at it (ya know, to keep danger at bay). About 1.5 miles in there's a decline that turns 90* onto a sidewalk next to a busy street. So as I careened down the hill I put out my arms like an airplane as I flew around the corner. This was the first time I've done this route at night, and there was more than one unlit section where I had cars headlights in my face and could hardly see the trail. Another part was totally enclosed by vegetation and made me feel like I was in a Lord of The Rings movie. The last mile was really tough, I had to really concentrate to make my legs continue to move at a good pace and finish strong. Overall, I don't think I'd recommend running while intoxicated on a regular basis, haha. Good experience though!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like fun. i think running drunk at least once a month or so should be a requirement for participation on this blog. it's definitely a good way to run relaxed and not over think pace too much. do i have any seconds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I ran drunk it was not nearly as fun an experience as Chris'. A car did pull up beside me and ask why I was running at 2:30am, and I told them that it was half cause I was drunk and half cause I hadn't run yet that day. They were slightly impressed.

    You guys might try looking up your local chapter of Hash House Harriers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I could see doing it like once every two months, depending. Hey Luke, so do I get to read 'Once A Runner' if I break 20 in this 5k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i havent read it either. luke, do you own a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to have a copy of that be the prize if you and Steve raced. I guess I'll allow you to read it if you break 20, but you have to find your own copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laaame. Isn't a copy of that book like impossible to find? I remember you sent me a link about it a long time ago but I can't remember what it said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luke you tyrant!

    Keepin it Real Chris! I don't know if I should encourage this challenge, I tend to be better at drinking after running - like today...

    ReplyDelete