Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chris - 7.07

Oh man this run kicked my butt. My left thigh was burning pretty good by the time I got back. I'm pretty sure that happens because my hammy and glute are still slightly underdeveloped cuz of my injury. I'm annoyed because I hit my watch to check what time it was and then forgot to switch it back to the stopwatch, and then had to stop at a couple intersections so my final time is probably a minute or so off. While I was waiting at one of the lights a couple came walking up behind me, so I turned back to them to say hello. They said hi and then the lady asked if I was wearing the Ducks shoes. I happily replied yes as I started to run across the intersection.

I definitely felt stronger during this run than I did during my 8 miler awhile ago so that's good. It also occured to me it'd be cool to bring along some sort of little recorder so I can remember all of the things that happen or that I think of during runs. Picture the Star Trek "Captain's Log, stardate blah blah" but instead it'd be me going "runner's log, July 8th..." I thought that'd be kinda cool, minus having to carry the recorder while running. My final time was 59:51 for a pace of 8:27.

3 comments:

  1. i like the recorder idea. you could then post the content as a podcast to accompany or replace your post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to hear what people actually think about while they run. I mainly people-watch and make fun of them in my head. then wonder if they are doing the same about me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, Kevin, yeah! I hate feeling paranoid about looking like the goofy runner.

    I love the recording idea, on the one hand because I love that sort of thing (it's original, and artistic, and DIY) but on the other hand because it's so silly and probably unworkable.

    ReplyDelete