Thursday, August 4, 2011

Alison - 2.0

That's right running fans. I am bringing the XX chromosomes back to Some Running.

I ran next to James at first but my treadmill was wonky and kept stopping after 3 minutes. I switched treadmills and did my last mile further away. The last mile had a 13:01 pace. That is embarrassing considering my PB mile 4 years ago or so was around 8 I think. The increase is my mile is basically what Luke runs one mile in. Not to say that a 13-minute mile is my personal best! But I think it probably is indeed around 12 :(

Well I am back on the proverbial horse at least. Something about visiting my old law school gave me the urge to run again I guess.

Today someone had on a Germany tee at the gym and I said, "Oh, Deutschland!" and the wearer of this tee thought I said "Dorkland" and that I was taking the mickey so I explained that I said Deutschland and he told me he had no idea what I was talking about. At this point I realized that he is one of those sports guys who likes Germany as his "team" and has been probably watching World Cup somethingorather. Women's Soccer maybe? Odd encounter.

<3
Alison.

2 comments:

  1. Hey if your PB was 8 minutes at one time it still is.

    We are all proud of you for getting back on the proverbial horse! We want to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete