Sunday, August 21, 2011

James - 3.3

~36:00

We ran this park a while ago and my own measurements told me that it was 0.7 miles around rather than the signposted 0.75. Alison pointed out that it might be because gmaps can't recognise 3D distances (this route has a good few slopes) and that seems reasonable. I decided to do my planned route that originally I thought to be 5K and am going to take the parks word for it.

Shoelace came undone again and I had to stop when the shoe was practically off. A definite downside of the new shoes. Should I try different laces? Some kind of lace securing device? A fancy new knot?

3 comments:

  1. My secret is to put the loop through twice before tightening the laces into a knot. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/slipping.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke that's amazing! Were you a boy scout? I love how the granny knot is also called a slip knot. Because when I think of Slipknot, I think of grannies.

    I'll try ti do that but tonight I found that Chris's advice worked perfectly. Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete