Monday, August 8, 2011

James - 2.6

17:09
13:08
-----
30:17

Newest buddy Runners World has all these tips on running slower occasionally to let muscles improve etc. Since my schedule puts me on a 3 day week every other week and I had been thinking about only going for it on the 4 day week anyway, I decided to try going easier at the gym tonight. Dunno if 30 minutes (with toilet break) and 5mph up to 5.7mph is taking it easy enough, because I am still sore, but I guess I'll see in a few runs time. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. About running slower here and there? I think it's a great idea. Last year I started training way too often and hard (overtraining) and not getting enough sleep and ended up catching a cold. Maybe do one harder run, and one easier longer run, and another run at whatever pace feels good to you.

    ReplyDelete