Saturday, August 6, 2011

James - 3.4

~35:00

Hell yeah. New distance on the regular trail route. I WILL FIND THE END!

So we were looking at magazines in a store last night. As usual I shared my disbelief at the existence of the gun section. How much could there be to say about guns, not only to make a new issue every month, but to justify what seems like a dozen different titles? In the struggling magazine industry no less? There's probably a lot of recycled material.

But then, to show I was being fair, I applied the same logic to a topic I don't think is completely fucking ridiculous. How much could there be to say about running, not only to make a new issue every month, but to justify what seems like a dozen different titles? In the struggling magazine industry no less? There's probably a lot of recycled material.

So uh, needless to say I picked up Runners World to give it a try and I wonder if it will be the last. Might have some useful ideas. Alison said it was generally marketed to women. I haven't read much yet, but I found this interesting video about what your fee goes into when you pay for a marathon.

2 comments:

  1. I had to delete the video you posted here, James, because Runners World decided to make their videos start autoplaying, and I was looking through the August '11 archives (my greatest month of training) and getting pissed off trying to find it and make it stop because I was listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, that's okay! I haven't checked but it looks like this might have been a peak month for me to judging by this entry (I got injured a few months later).

    ReplyDelete