Monday, August 8, 2011

Chris - 6.1

Mile time trial! Then 4.1 mile jog after: 38:32 - 9:23 pace

After work Jeeni and I drove over to the Southridge High School track so I could run a mile time trial. Unfortunately when we got there, there were a ton of people on the field and on one corner of the track. It looked like some sort of pee wee football camp or something. We ran 4 warmup laps, and I was hoping people would catch on and stay off at least lane 1. No such luck. I stopped and asked one grown up if they could try to stay off the inside lane in hopes he might help out. I started out feeling pretty good, but I didn't get much sleep last night and felt it after I got through lap 1 in 1:15. I asked her to walk up and try to clear people off lane 1 so I didn't accidentally knock over some little kid. Lap 2 came and went in 1:26, and going into lap 3 I didn't feel like I had much energy or spring in my legs, so I was worried about breaking my PR. Jeeni did a decent job of getting at least the kids to pay attention as I came around the corner, but I still had to break outside about 4 or 5 lanes to run around a group of coaches (idiots). Finished lap 3 in 1:29. I decided afterwards if all those people weren't there, I probably would have kicked from 200 out instead of 100. So as it was I got through lap 4 at 1:23 for a total time of 5:34 - 3 seconds off my PR. After getting my breath back she and I ran an easy 4 miler, then went to 7/11 and got Slurpees.

5 comments:

  1. Hey I've been asking/telling Jeeni that she should post some of her runs on our blog. Think we could use another female Some Runner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha as long as she doesn't go back through the archives and read what we've written about her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, eh I think I've pretty much told her about most of our conversations on here regarding her. And about Steve's crack regarding my epic story regarding the "walk through the park as the birds sang"...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget Luke's crack about her name being stupid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I think that's why he's slightly concerned she'll do some backtracking...don't worry buddy, I showed her your hilarious reply to James about not being able to marry Alexis Bledel. That should help your cause

    ReplyDelete