Sunday, August 7, 2011

Luke - 13.6

13.6mi, 1:49:41 (8:03)
BLAZIN'!
Well I guess 8-minute pace isn't blazing, but I was killing it there at the end. 6:27 pace the last three miles. My legs were feeling really tired most of the run (so much so that I tripped and fell three times--not bad falls though, caught myself with my hands each time), so coming down the last three sections before the bottom of the hill I just tried to go as easy as possible. I kept telling myself to "drink in the easiness like Kool-Aid," whatever that means. Like I said, I was pretty out of it. Anyway, at the bottom of the hill my overall time was so slow that while I was getting water I went through my splits to see if I'd left my watch on while I was eating my gel at the top or something. (I hadn't.) I always plan on 8-minute pace, and I realized even that would put me at 1:54:30...I wanted to at least give myself a chance to continue my streak of being faster every day, so when I started running again I went a decent pace. It felt okay so I kept picking it up, and ended up doing about 6:40 pace for most of Rexius, and was feeling great. Did four (4) pull-ups and kept picking it up to end up absolutely killing my PR. There is a very small chance I'll be faster again tomorrow, since I'll have an extra few hours of rest since I ran earlier today, but I will certainly not be able to keep up the improvement for any more than that.
Splits: 12:36, 14:48, 9:21, 7:17, 8:17, 4:05, 3:21 (59:48) / 3:46, 2:51, 6:39, 6:36, 7:47, 12:36, 9:33.

2 comments:

  1. I should also add that the most likely reason I felt good at the end of this run is that Zack made vegan burgers last night, with ingredients like brown rice, black beans, chia seeds, flax seeds, and coconut oil. Super hearty and also very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah what's up with all the craziness lately? dude flax seeds and chia seeds together. thats a match made in heaven right there.

    ReplyDelete