Sunday, October 18, 2009

Alex - 3.14

22:57 (7:17)

Today was my first run back since I hurt my knee about a week and a half ago. I was hoping to make my first run back in Central Park, but my New York trip got cancelled and I'm still in LA. So today, like Steve, I ran the trail in Manhattan beach. It's nowhere near as nice as Pre's Trail, but it's better than concrete.

I wanted to be conservative and steady with my mileage and pace, and I think I accomplished that. Overall I felt pretty good considering the amount of time I took off. The first 1/2 mile was rough, but then I got in a rhythm. I'd say that my knee was at about 80% and I'll see how it feels tonight and tomorrow before I decide what I'll do on Tuesday. My guess is that I'll do the same run on Tuesday and see if I feel stronger.

Feels good to be back, I was starting to feel really sluggish.

3 comments:

  1. oh cool i didnt realize you were in L.A. do you live here or just visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live here, but I'm just in town for a few days for work. The Greenbelt aka the wood chip trail in Manhattan Beach used to be my main stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Our comebacks are in sync!

    ReplyDelete