Friday, October 16, 2009

Chris - 6.45

46:20 - 7:11 pace

What a great run! I felt so good, as evidenced by the great pace. An absolutely beautiful fall day/night here. I ended up taking off my shirt during the run because it was juust warm enough to be able to. Got hollered at by 5 girls, 4 of whom I passed while going down a slight hill. They were on the sidewalk doing this cheerleader stand thing, where two girls face each other and the third is standing on their thighs with her hands in the air above her head (the 4th was watching them from the side). They made noise as I flew by and I asked them if they were having fun, of course to which they responded postively. Then a couple steps later I turned my head back and yelled "Don't fall!". Yes I'm a dork, thank you. As I ran past the high school there was a ton of people filing in for the evening's football game, so that was neat to hear all the sights and sounds of the pregame fesitivites. It must've been their homecoming game because they had these little mini-floats going around the end zone with sirens and stuff blaring away. Brought back lots of good memories from the ol' high school days. I'm getting really excited for the race next weekend! Next week in general is going to be awesome - three day work week, hanging with 2 of my 3 best buddies in Corvallis for a couple days, doing some mountain biking with them, and then back here for what I'm sure will be an epic race!

Oh and since I've been talking about it all week - I decided which computer I'm going to get! Bought it online just a few minutes ago =). Unfortunately it won't ship until the 27th. But I will be rewarded for my patience with a brand spankin' new kick ass machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment